Tuesday, April 26, 2005

My Books, oh, my books

I am having a very difficult evening. I am getting ready to move in about five weeks. By far, most of what I own is my book collection. We have an estimated 3,500 books between my son, his mother and I. I am now going throhg what Amy (Cay's mama) is leaving behind of hers, all of mine and most of Caleb's. I really enjoy my book collection. I really, really enjoy my book collection. I am only taking about five maybe six hundred books with me. The thing is we have weeded through the book collection several times over the past two years and while we have a steady flow of brain candy through the house we have also weeded our core collection. I am not enjoying letting go of all these fucking books. I don't want to but I must.

The positive things about the situation is that a. when I get to Portland I will have a book collection that only contains really great books and b. Portland boasts the largest used book store in the country. But I'm still really bummed out. And by the way so is Caleb.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I am bummed out for you! Is it that there's no room in the truck to take them with you, or not enough room to put them when you get there?

DuWayne Brayton said...

Probably both. I don't have a place yet so I might not. And actualy I have enough room for more but it cost to much for gas to take all of them. Oh well...